- Market Population & Rank:
- TV Households: 229,600; Persons 2+: 623,931; Rank 126
- Major Industries:
- Agriculture, Government, manufacturing ,wholesale/retail trade
- Major Employers:
- Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital, Walmart distribution and reatial, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Yakima Regional Cardiac Medical Center, AB Foods
- 2801 Terrace Heights Drive
- Yakima, Washington
- (509) 575-0029
In 1953 KIMA began broadcasting to the Yakima Valley. Named for the Valley it serves, KIMA has been the local news leader since signing on air. The station covers the major population base Central Washington, stretching from Ellensburg to Prosser. The area’s economy is dominated by agriculture, and the hospitality industry. Yakima is home of a rich and vibrant Latino community. KIMA has had a long affiliation with CBS and in 2009 added CW to its broadcast operations.
The station also is the home of KUNW, a full-powered local Spanish Language Univision affiliate. KIMA’s Action News brand of “Taking Action for You” does more than tell the story we are true advocates for our viewers. Another way we are the most connected television stations in our market. When viewers think local they Think KIMA! KIMA has recently received 2nd and 3rd place awards in “Spot News” from the Society of Professional Journalists. In addition, KIMA has an Emmy nomination for “Best Evening Newscast” category.
CBS – KEPR-TV
CW – 9