Scholarships for Minorities
Since 1987 Fisher Communications, Inc. has sought to attract minority students into careers in broadcasting with annual scholarships. Fisher’s interest in minority broadcasting students goes back many years and has included training programs in technical areas and on-air. As a result of this nurturing environment, minority employees have made numerous contributions to the standards of excellence that have come to personify Fisher Communications, Inc. and strengthen the diversity of our workplace.
If you are a permanent resident of the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or California tuition may be applied to an out-of-state school. If you are not a permanent resident of the above-mentioned states, tuition must be applied to a school in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or California.
- You must be sophomore level or above enrolled in a broadcast oriented curriculum (radio, television, marketing, or broadcast technology)
- Earning an accredited degree at one of the following:
- Four-year college or university
- Community college, transferable to a four-year baccalaureate degree program
- Vocational-technical school
- You must be of non-white origin
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- You must provide proof of citizenship
Successful applicants will be chosen on the basis of:
- Academic Achievement
- Personal Qualities
We will begin accepting applications in January. Application deadline is May 31st!
Award NotificationSuccessful applicants will be notified no later than July 30. Screening and selection will be the responsibility of Fisher Communications, Inc.
*An equal opportunity employer